I'm a big fan of the side braid. A huge fan. The side braid and I are such good friends that I have neglected my other friends; the high bun and the half pony. It's just me and SB now. So when I saw the Free People video about turning a scarf into a side braid headband...you can imagine my excitement.
1) Wrap scarf around your head like a headband grabbing hair and ends of scarf together on the side.
2) Separate hair into three groups as if creating a side braid but in the two ends hold the scarf along with the hair. Middle section is just hair.
3) Braid as you normally would.
4) Gather scarf ends and hair with an elastic and tie together to finish.
5) Go out and show the world how awesome you are.
[black h&m dress, cocktail ring (found on the street, i cleaned it you guys.) ladybug rings modem]
I can’t wait to try this out in Italy and stun the townsfolk with my trendy American style. I’ll really know it works if I see groups of teenage girls rocking it. All together. Thanks Free People!
To see the first hair school installment (and another side braid, duh) click here!