Maybe I'm weird, (yup) but I find myself scrolling through the photos in my instagram feed wondering, Who are these people? Where are they right now? What kind of dog is that? Is that sushi? but the short and sweet twitter-esque taglines just don't cut it for my inquisitive mind. So, today I'm taking you behind the scenes of my instagrams to give you the inside scoop. Ready?
- This little historical center street opens up into the piazza where teenagers like to hang out on Saturday nights drinking one-euro beers and eating one-euro slices of pizza from the Mona Lisa pizzeria, one of our favorites. Yesterday I was heading down this street on my way to a lesson in that taupe building and marveling at how a cloudy day brings out the sepia-toned colors in the stones. Sepia happens in real life in Italy.
- What a gem. Eraclio, the colossus of Barletta, and he's a stone's throw from our apartment. Found off the coast of Barletta, it's a mystery as to where he comes from, who made him or who he emulates. All we know is that his legs are fake (they melted them down during a war) and he used to be carrying a sword, not a cross. Kids like to climb on him and take pictures underneath his skirt.
- The Nespola fruit is still a mystery to me, though some internet investigating uncovers that they are of Japanese origin. Their skin is like suede, and can be peeled back revealing a smooth orange pulp like a peach. We always have fruit after lunch and on Sunday Manu's mom proudly placed these on the table, "Nespola season is here!" she announced.
- I've been on a bit of a health kick lately, so I've been riding my bike just about three kilometers in one direction and back every morning. Near the city hospital I noticed this little vineyard that, overnight it seems, blossomed. Once it gets hot, about mid-June, the grapes will start to grow.
- Does this look familiar? :) Manu and I were taking an evening stroll on Friday to buy protein powder (again, the health kick) and I got so excited that I could instagram this to everyone. Manu said, in English, "Marissa the super bloggerina!" I think we need to patent that phrase.
Let's start a trend, ok? (Besides using the term "bloggerina"). I want to see your instagrams and hear the behind the scenes, the inside scoop and all the anecdotes!
P.S. I ended up eating the whole cherry crisp yesterday! (so much for the health kick) and it was amazing. Get yourself some cherries and make a batch!